Thursday, April 22, 2010

GOODBYE TO MY OWN PERSONAL CHEERS


well, what can i say. lasting memories, my local scrapbook store, is closing.
CLOSING.
i'm still in shock.
many of us are.
it was my home away from home.
my place of inspiration.
my getaway spot.
my happy place.
my ispendwaytoomuchmoneyherebutithelpsmysanity store.
a place to visit my friends.
a place that let me be something different than mom.
a place that let me design and teach for them.
a place that got me doing more of what i love...scrapbooking.
a place to feel creative and inspired and appreciated.
a place for a few compliments now and then.
a place where people were happy to see me.
my own personal cheers.

but apparently, it's a dog eat dog world and i'm wearing milk bone underwear.
because the owners are retiring and my happy place is going away.

i'm sad.
really sad.

i'm sure i'll have more to say on the subject later.
but right now? sad.

3 comments:

jessica said...

Your mom told me-sooooooo sorry!!! I just cannot believe it. I am even having issues with it, and I never get to shop there anymore-just know-I feel for you!

Jill said...

This made me so sad! I'm so sorry.

LCollier said...

ohhhh...I am so sorry Tess. I know that was a huge part of you. :( Maybe you should start one up!