Wednesday, May 22, 2013

SUMMER OF '42


when i was a teen, maybe 8th or 9th grade,
 my dad was looking through a box of his old stuff
when he came across the book summer of '42. 
he passed it on to me, 
remembering he enjoyed it years ago 
and thought i would, too.
 i read it eagerly. it was great but a bit, uh, naughty.
risque, if you will.
 at least to this rather naive young teen. 
and i remember how cool it was that dad
 was seeing how grown up i was becoming. 

but now i'm thinking maybe 
he just forgot about those parts. :)

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I'd go with the latter. I can't tell you how many movies we've shown the boys and partway through thought, "OMG. I forgot about THAT!" or flashed desperate glances to each other, "I won't tell CPS you let children watch this if you won't!" I even forgot about a scene from Top Secret!!!
That being said, how did you NOT pass on that taboo book to me and MurBeth?!?! ;)