Thursday, April 19, 2012

12 ON THE 12th: APRIL EDITION



April 12th, 2012
Thursday
(severely mutated influenza type b flu edition)
l-r

1. Fruit bars. Temporarily relieves extreme sore throat caused by uncontrollable coughing.
2. Sinus rinse. When the teeth start hurting and a sinus infection is heading my way, I reach for the sinus rinse. It’s a gross process, but it works.
3. Ceiling fan. The view from bed, a place where I spent many hours for many days.
4. My massage therapists. Or rather, my sons massaging my feet and legs at the rate of $1.00 for 8 minutes. (I think I might even have gotten 10 minutes out of them. Sshhh!)
5. UPS package. It arrived today along with some scrappy goodies.
6. Toes. At least they are painted, right?
7. My boys. They were so worried about me when I was sick. And once I got my voice back, they were happy to hear their mommy again. Go figure, eh?
8. My nightstand. Necessities include water bottle, inhaler, tissues, fan remote and cell phone.
9. My new cell phone. This was a life saver during the flu! Since I had lost my voice, I couldn’t really communicate much. Let’s say “Hip Hip Hooray!” for texting, shall we?
10. The chair-side table in the happy room. Necessities include water bottle, pharmacy bag, cell phone, antibacterial cleanser, tissues and a pen and paper to communicate with others. Oh, and a Lego guy, too. Never know when he might come in handy.
11. My feet. Just another view from bed.
12. My mom. The MVP of the week. If she hadn’t been here to take care of me and the boys…
I shudder to think what might have happened. Seriously shudder.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Glad you are feeling better!